Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Webb Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1987.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted bacon drippings
- 1 egg beaten
- 1-1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounce package frankfurters
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cornmeal and sugar then stir in bacon drippings.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and soda and mix well and stir into flour mixture mixing well.
- Cut each frank into 10 pieces.
- Dip franks into batter coating completely.
- Fry in 4 inches of hot oil at 375 until golden turning once.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately with desired condiments.