Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- One or two packages of salted crackers crushed.
- Pour them into a baggie and use a rolling pin or place them in your food processor and pulse until crushed but not to a powder.
- They should look like coarse flour.
- salt and pepper to taste only if using unsalted crackers)
- One large can of cream style corn .
- One can of stewed tomatoes and one Onion chopped for the sauce.
- A couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil for sauce.
- salt and pepper to season sauce.
- Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Preheat deep fryer
- Once the crackers have been crushed, pour them into a large bowl and add the cream style corn.
- Do not add anymore salt because there will be plenty from the crackers.
- If you use unsalted crackers, then you can season to taste before mixing.
- Mix thoroughly until they form a rough dough.
- If it is too moist, add more crushed crackers.
- Form into small oval shaped croquettes using either two tablespoons or your hands.
- They should shape easily and stay together.
- They should be ideally the size of a large egg.
- You can also cover them and leave them in the fridge for an hour or so if your not using the mixture right away.
- They will firm up even more.
- Place them carefully into the hot oil, and fry until golden brown anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes depending on your fryer.
- Use the french fry setting if you have one.
- The total number of croquettes made from this recipe will depend on their size, so make as many as you need.
- While the croquettes are frying, prepare the sauce.
- Chop Onion with a little vegetable oil in a sauce pan until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and heat the mixture.
- The sauce is ready.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.