Purchased from Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1931.
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white Onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme and tarragon
- 2 cans whole potatoes, drained
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2-cup half-and-half
- 2 can pimientos, drained and diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup smoked Ham, julienned
- In a 3-quarter saucepan, combine broth, Onion and carrot.
- Add bay leaf, thyme and tarragon to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove herbs.
- Puree in electric blender entire contents of pot, along with 1 can of potatoes and 1 can of corn.
- Return to saucepan.
- Dice other can of potatoes and add to pot along with remaining can of corn.
- Stir and add half and half.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in pimientos, parsley and Ham.