Altered from original recipe to reduce fat %. Add a mixed green salad, whole grain bread plus a fruit for a satisfying supper.
- 2 tbsp celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 10 oz frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup peeled, diced potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, or skim milk
- Put celery, onion, and green pepper in a pan sprayed with PAM and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place ½ cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Add gradually to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- 274 calories | total fat 2 g (7% of calories)