Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Altered from original recipe to reduce fat %. Add a mixed green salad, whole grain bread plus a fruit for a satisfying supper.
- 2 tbsp celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 10 oz frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup peeled, diced potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, or skim milk
- Put celery, onion, and green pepper in a pan sprayed with PAM and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place ½ cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Add gradually to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- 274 calories | total fat 2 g (7% of calories)