Contributed by Dorie at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped green pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- In large skillet, fry bacon; drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Pour off bacon grease; melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add onion and green pepper, saute for 2 minutes; stir in flour and salt.
- Gradually add the sour cream.
- Heat until it just begins to bubble, stirring constantly;
- Add corn and heat through
- Stir in half of the crumbled bacon.
- Transfer corn and sour cream mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish; top corn casserole with remaining crumbled bacon and chopped parsley.