- Makes approximately 3 quarts, or 12 cups.
- 2 pack corn bread mix (10 oz)
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, medium, minced
- ½ cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Prepare corn bread, following label directions, or use your own favorite recipe.
- Crumble enough to make 7 cups and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Saute celery and onion in butter in a large skillet until soft.
- Spoon vegetables and butter over corn bread crumbs.
- Beat egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl; stir in stock and pour mixture over corn bread.
- Stir lightly to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.