Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine melted/ divided
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup canned diced green chilies
- 2 tbsp diced pimento
- 1 cup canned drained corn
- 1½ cups Albers cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- ⅔ cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Pour 1 tablespoon butter into medium skillet, add onion, green chiles and pimento.
- Saute for 5 minutes add corn,cook for 1 minute.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and cheese in medium bowl, mix well.
- Combine remaining melted butter, milk,water and egg in small bowl, mix well.
- Add milk mixture and sauteed vegetables to flour mixture, stir just until blended.
- Pour into greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.