Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine melted/ divided
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup canned diced green chilies
- 2 tbsp diced pimento
- 1 cup canned drained corn
- 1½ cups Albers cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- ⅔ cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Pour 1 tablespoon butter into medium skillet, add onion, green chiles and pimento.
- Saute for 5 minutes add corn,cook for 1 minute.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and cheese in medium bowl, mix well.
- Combine remaining melted butter, milk,water and egg in small bowl, mix well.
- Add milk mixture and sauteed vegetables to flour mixture, stir just until blended.
- Pour into greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.