Milk, Nonfat, Dry Instant by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 9
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten (or ¼ cup egg mix + ¼ cup water)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, dry milk, and baking powder in a large bowl; stir well.
- Mix in water, oil, and egg just until blended.
- Pour into a greased, or sprayed, 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut 3 by 3 to make nine servings. Serve warm.