- 3 cups fresh, or frozen and defrosted corn kernels
- 5 small zucchini, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 to 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a 13 by 9-inch ovenproof baking dish, combine the corn, zucchini, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, the dill, and the melted butter, tossing to coat the vegetables.
- Cover the vegetables with the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the tomatoes and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes, or until the Cheese is bubbling.
- Remove it from the oven, and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.