Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 1 cup.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed (about 1 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeño, or other hot pepper, seeded
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice or ⅓ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly grated black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin, (optional)
- 2 tbsp water, up to 4, or as needed
- Combine the cilantro, garlic, chile, and walnuts in a blender or food processor.
- Add ⅓ cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper, and cumin(if using) and process to a smooth paste.
- Add enough water to obtain a pourable paste.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt and lemon juice as necessary; the sauce should be highly seasoned.
- Serve immediately, or at least within 4 hours of making;serve at room temperature.