Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Asparagus is low-calorie and spiked with vitamins A, B & C.
- 4 servings.
- 1½ lbs
- Break off tough ends as far down as stalks snap easily. For spears, tie with string. Or, cut each stalk into 1 inch pieces.
Cooking spears Edit
- In deep, narrow pan or asparagus pot, heat 1" salted water to boiling.
- Place asparagus upright in pot. Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Boil uncovered for 5 minutes. Cover and boil 2-3 minutes longer. Drain.
Cooking pieces Edit
- Cook lower stalk pieces uncovered in 1" boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Add tips, cover, and cook until tender, about 1-2 minutes. Drain.
- Place steamer or basket in ½" water (water should not touch basket).
- Place asparagus in basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and steam until tender, about 6 minutes.