- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Stir in flour and salt until firm dough forms.
- Add more flour if necessary.
- Divide dough in half.
- Flatten each half into a 4" square.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When dough is ready, prepare filling: combine nuts, sugar, cinnamon, egg and orange rind in a small bowl.
- Roll out half of pastry on a floured surface to a 9" square about ¼" thick.
- Spread ¾ cup of the filling evenly over pastry.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Wrap in foil.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Preheat oven to moderate (350°F).
- Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- Cut rolls with a serrated knife into ¼" thick slices.
- Place ½" apart on cookie sheets.
- Reshape into rounds, if necessary.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven (350°F) for 15 – 20 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.