- Makes about 10 (4oz) servings.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp light rum
- 4 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ground nutmeg
- In a large heavy saucepan mix eggs, milk, and ⅓ cup sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a sink or bowl of ice water and stirring 1 – 2 minutes.
- Sir in rum, bourbon and vanilla.
- Chill 4 – 24 hours.
- At serving time, in a bowl whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar till soft peaks from.
- Transfer chilled egg mixture to a punch bowl.
- Fold in whipped cream mixture.
- Serve at once.
- Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg.