This is a main stay, well one of the main stays of Kittitan cooking. (dish from St. Kitts) I haven't personally made it in years, but my sister does these days, so I'm getting her to post it here for me. Now this dish is meant for scaling. You can reduce or add as much as you want of some (most) of the ingredients. This dish has been made for two people all the way up to 45 people. Everyone makes it a little different according to their taste like more dishes in the world. Let's get started.
- 2 1/2 cups enriched long grain rice (non quick cook rice)
- 3 Maggi garlic and Onion cubes
- 4 Maggi vegetable cubes
- 2 Maggi Chicken cubes
- 1 (0.25 ounce) packet sazon with coriander and annatto
- 1 large white Onion
- 2 lbs Chicken backs and necks
- 2 lbs Chicken wings
- 1 lb Chicken livers
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cloves
- 4 tablespoons chief green seasoning
- 1/4 cup dried chives
- 1 1/2 cups Lentils.
- Dice Onion and celery.
- Cleave wings at their joints, and clean (Do not remove skin).
- Clean and chop liver.
- After Chicken is cleaned and cleaved, place in a bowl along with the liver and evenly coat with Season All.
- Using a 2 gallon heavy aluminum or cast iron pot with secure lid, fill half way with water and add all ingredients minus rice.
- Let cook until Chicken has taken on the color of the surrounding water and is cooked through.
- Add rice, cover pot and turn heat to low.
- Stir occasionally until water beings to dissipate then cover for the last time and let cook till rice resembles Jumbalia consistency.
- Or in other words, until rice is cooked but still has a wet texture.