Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From the Barbados
- 12 okras
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Grace hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups Grace cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Grace soft margarine
- Wash okras, cut off stems, slice into rings and boil with half the water and salt and gracehot pepper sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of water to the sifted cornmeal and mix well.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the grace cornmeal mixture stirring ingredients with a wooden spatula over medium heat.
- Return saucepan to stove and cook mixture stirring ingredients with a wooden spatula over medium heat.
- When mixture becomes stiff and smooth, and moves away from saucepan cleanly at the bottom, it is finished.
- Put into a dish immediately and spread liberally with butter.