Makes 1 Dozen.
- 3 ripe plantains
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sifted flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- banana leaves or aluminum foil
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Place the plantains in a pot of salted water boil them until they are tender.
- In a bowl, mash the plantains with a fork and add the butter, sugar, and spices.
- If necessary, add a little flour to make thick paste.
- Wash the banana leaves and make them pliable by boiling them.
- Cut the leaves into pieces about 6 inches square.
- Then drop 2 tablespoonsful of the plaintain mixture onto each piece of leaf, roll it up, fold it over and tie the ends.
- Fill a large heavy saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the conkie packages and boil them for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm.