Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: Light & Easy Diabetes Cuisine by Betty Marks
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¾ cup brown basmati rice, soaked 2 hours
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ tsp dried leaf thyme, crushed
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 cup chicken broth or vegetable stock
- ½ cup dice red bell pepper
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium-size non-stick saucepan, heat oil, heat oil and saute onion until softened.
- Rinse and drain rice.
- Add to saucepan and brown.
- Add wine, thyme, pepper and broth, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until rice.
- Add peas and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 192 | cho: 1mg | car: 34g | pro: 5g | sod: 59mg | fat: 3g
- Food exchanges: 2 starch/bread | ½ fat