Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit of the Month: Pluot & Aprium by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¾ cup peeled and diced jícama
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 8 pluots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp diced pimento
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain. Rinse briefly under cold water and drain. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, red and yellow bell peppers, jicama, onion, and pluots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the basil, pimento, ginger, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper until blended. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss evenly until coated.