Fruit of the Month: Pluot & Aprium by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¾ cup peeled and diced jícama
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 8 pluots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp diced pimento
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain. Rinse briefly under cold water and drain. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, red and yellow bell peppers, jicama, onion, and pluots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the basil, pimento, ginger, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper until blended. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss evenly until coated.