Spinach Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ (13½ ounce) can spinach, squeezed dry and chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten (or ¼ cup egg mix + ¼ cup water, mixed)
- ½ cup vegetable or tomato juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup fine dry breadcrumbs or crushed crackers
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form into a loaf, and place in a 1-quart loaf pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 50 – 55 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in center of meatloaf reads 160°F.
- Drain juice from pan and top with sauce. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes.