Condensed Milk Pudding with Orange Jelly from Dainty Desserts for Dainty People by Knox Gelatine—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- 1 envelope Knox acidulated gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 tablespoonfuls condensed milk
- ½ teaspoonful lemon flavor
- 2 cups hot water
- Add the condensed milk to the hot water.
- Place on burner, and when beginning 2.
- To boil add gelatine which has been softened in cold water; also a pinch of salt.
- When cold, add the lemon flavor dissolved in a tablespoonful of cold water.
- Make an orange jelly.
- Turn jelly mixture into a fancy mold, first dipped in cold water, and when firm add the condensed milk mixture and set away to harden.