- 2 lb. Conch meat
- 1 Tbs. Maggi or Beef extract
- 1/2 c. white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs. margarine or butter
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or garlic power or Adobo
- 1 med. green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 lemon juice
- Dash of Tabasco sauce or minced hot pepper
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1/2 c. water
- Olive Oil, enough to cover bottom of pan
- Clean, peel, and pound Conch meat well with a wooden mallet. Then rub it with the vinegar. Cut the Conch into bite size pieces.
- Sauté Onion and green pepper in butter. Add tomatoes, bouillon, water, Tabasco sauce, and Beef extract. Simmer the stew about twenty minutes. Add Conch, cover and continue to cook only until meat is tender, about ten minutes. Adjust seasonings.