Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 8. Use as main course.
- 5 – 6 large conch
- 1 small pig's tail (trim excess fat)
- 1 lime or 2 tbsp vinegar 30 ml
- ½ lb cocoa 225g
- 2 green plantain (sliced)
- 8 fingers okra
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp flour 30 ml
- 1 tbsp fat 30 ml
- 1 tsp salt 5 ml
- ½ tsp pepper 2 ml
- 1 tin vegetable soup (optional)
- Remove dark covering from conch (use lime juice to make less slippery).
- Wash and pound conch.
- Boil conch and pig's tail for 15 minutes (throw away water).
- Add 4 – 6 cups water to conch and tail. Boil until tender (use pressure cooker if available).
- Add cocoa, okra and plantain and simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and brown flour to stew.
- In frying pan add 2 tbsp fat and 2 tbsp flour.
- Fry until mixture is dark beige in colour. Keep stirring.
- Then add ½ cup water gradually to make a sauce. Add this to stew. Taste and season if necessary.
- Add soup.
- Serve hot with white rice or serve separately as a soup.