Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 lb. shelled Conch, cleaned, skinned
- 1 med. Onion, halved, sliced
- 2 limes, halved
- 3/4 c. water
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 11/2 tsp. minced shallots
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 11/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- hot cooked rice
- 1/4 c. unsalted, sweet butter
- Pound Conch 1/8" thick with mallet; cut into 11/2" squares. Place Conch in medium bowl; squeeze limes over Conch. Add rinds and water to cover. Refrigerate covered 1 to 11/2 hours. Drain; discard rinds.
- Sauté Onion, garlic and shallots in butter in Dutch oven until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, water, tomato paste, thyme, chili powder and Conch. Heat over medium heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, until Conch is fork tender, 45–50 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over cooked rice.