Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Columbian Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
- 1 lb cut-up stew meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cups peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 dry bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes, with juices
- 8 dried apricots, cut in half
- chopped fresh parsley
- Remove excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef in oil about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Mix beef and remaining ingredients except apricots and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Stir in apricots.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle stew with parsley.