Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 2/3-cup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine or light butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- Place the margarine or butter in a large nonstick skillet and preheat over medium heat.
- Add the celery, scallions, and carrots.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for several minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice, salt, and parsley to the skillet mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for a couple of minutes, until the mixture is heated through. Add a tablespoon or two of water if the mixture seems too dry.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Edit
Calories: 132 Protein: 2.7 g Sodium: 149 mg Fat: 2.6 g Carbohydrates: 24 g
Exchanges: 1-1/4 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat