Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a very colourful side dish that I serve with jerk chicken or barbecued steaks. I quite often will take this to a pot luck along with several copies of the recipe, as it is always requested. For more of a bite, add a finely chopped jalapeño directly to the salad in addition to the sliced jalapeños on top.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (19 ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 (4 ounces) can green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 ounces surimi (artificial crab meat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- Mix together corn, black beans, red pepper, chilies, cilantro, green onions and seafood.
- Add cumin and pepper to minced or crushed garlic.
- Mix into a paste.
- Add vinegar, lime juice and water to garlic mixture.
- Mix well.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over corn, bean mixture and stir well.
- Top with thinly sliced jalapeño peppers.