Makes 6 servings.
- 1 duckling (3 to 5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 x 17-ounce can apricot halves (drain; reserve syrup)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Sprinkle duckling's body and cavities with salt.
- Stuff onion into body cavity.
- Place duckling on rack in large roasting pan.
- Roast at 350 °F for about 45 minutes per pound or until thermometer reads 180 °F to 185 °F.
- Meanwhile, marinate raisins in apricot syrup.
- Chop 1 cup of apricot halves and toss with rice, sugar, raisins and spices; heat thoroughly in large skillet.
- Quarter duckling and serve with fruited rice.
- Garnish with remaining apricot halves and with parsley.