Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Source: Troth Wells The World in Your Kitchen: Vegetarian Recipes.
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 cloves, crushed
- ½ red chile, finely chopped
- 1 lbs pumpkin, cut in 1" cubes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- ¼ tsp sugar, optional
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- First, heat the oil in a heavy pan and then add the onion.
- Sauté until it is transparent and then add the garlic and cook that also.
- Next put in the curry powder, ground cloves, the chopped tomatoes, sultanas and sugar.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over.
- Cover, and cook very gently for 30 – 40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender, stirring frequently to ensure that it does not catch.
- Season and serve to accompany main dishes and rice.