Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 large egg whites
- 1½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup Coca-Cola
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix baking soda and eggs.
- Add to the batter.
- Blend ingredients for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the bananas with the lemon juice;add to the batter.
- Add the chopped nuts to the batter and beat for 1 minute.
- Turn the batter into a baking disk.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for about 40 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and turn right side up on a rack to finish cooling.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the vanilla extract.
- Beat for 1 minute.
- Place over boiling water.
- Beat for 7 minutes.
- Remove from boiling water.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue beating about 2 minutes.
- Spread on the sides and top of the cold banana cake.