Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Lyle Estate in Hurst, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound collard greens
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- Wash collard greens well then remove and discard stems and chop leaves.
- Bring water to boiling in a large pan then add collard greens and onion and return to boiling then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Drain well and return to pan.
- Stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper then cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes longer than stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve immediately.