Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 – 5 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 3 leeks, cleaned and chopped (important to remove the sand)
- 3 large potatoes, skin removed and cubed
- 5 cups chicken stock, heated (simmer 5 minutes if using bullion cubes/powder)
- 1 – 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, skin and seed removed and cut into small pieces (add a little salt, toss and let stand for a while)
- 1 – 2 stalk celery, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- ¾ – 1 cup half-and-half cream (substitute- farm fresh "original" brand non-dairy creamer, liquid)
- ½ cup instant mashed potatoes (or flour to thicken)
- caraway seeds or curry powder
- salt and pepper
- chives or parsley or Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, as garnish
- serve with sour cream
- Put potatoes in salted water and cook, until almost done.
- Remove potatoes, mash and then add to chicken stock.
- Add garlic and 2 tablespoons butter/margarine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Put potato stock through a strainer and remove any lumpy pieces.
- In a separate cooking pot add 1 tablespoon of butter/margarine and add the celery, stir for 1 minute and remove.
- In the same pot put in 2 tablespoons butter/margarine, add leeks and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add potato stock to leeks, stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Next add half and half cream, stir and add saltand pepper to taste.
- Add caraway seeds and/or a pinch of curry powder.
- Let cool and then add the cucumbers and celery (both should remain crunchy).
- Put into a big glass jar/container and chill in refrigerator.
- Serve in individual bowls with a pinch of chives or parsley and a pinch of mr.
- Dash on top for color.
- Have available sour cream on the side!.