Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve with left over broth and your favorite Salsa on the side
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lemons, each cut in half
- 3 fresh jalapeño peppers, slit down the center,seeds left in
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, membranes removed, cut in thin strips
- ½ cup green pimento-stuffed, cut in half across
- 4 whole green onions
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- In a saucepan combine the broth, potatoes, lemons, jalapeño peppers and cumin bring to a boil, *add chicken, keep covered and simmer for 15 minutes or a bit longer.
- Remove from the heat, add cilantro and allow the chicken and potatoes to cool in the broth *mound the potatoes in the center of a large platter, cover with the shredded chicken and decorate with the eggs, red pepper strips and the 4 green onions.