- Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt.
- Place in a large colander, cover with weight and let stand about 45 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Arrange half of the eggplant in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the parsley.
- Arrange the onions, tomatoes, garlic, celery, currants, basil, capers, peppercorns on top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Top with rest of eggplant.
- Pour olive oil evenly over the top.
- Cover with foil tightly.
- Bake at 275°F for 4 hours.
- Remove oil and bake for another 1 hour.
- Let cool and then chill.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.