Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ireland is rich in culinary delights and colcannon is one of the popular main dishes in the country.
- 250 g (½ lb) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 250 g (½ lb) green cabbage, shredded
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 large leek, chopped
- pinch of nutmeg (best if freshly grated)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook cabbage in water with salt for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Set aside cabbage.
- In another saucepan, bring milk to a boil.
- Add potato and leek.
- Simmer over low heat until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Add nutmeg, pepper and salt. Mash.
- Add cabbage to the mashed potato and leek and mix well.
- Place mashed vegetable in a serving dish.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Serve hot.