Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cohune heart (4 cups-diced) (large hearts of palm)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 ml
- ¼ tsp black pepper 1 ml
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp yellow ginger 30 ml
- 2 tsp comino 10 ml
- 1 thyme leaf
- 3 oregano leaves (crumbled)
- 2 plugs garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste 5 ml
- Wash heart and dice.
- In a medium sized sauce pan heat fat.
- Add onion and garlic and 1 tbsp yellow ginger.
- Fry on low heat.
- Brown to extract flavour.
- Add diced "cabbages" (hearts of palm) and all other seasonings, including the rest of the yellow ginger.
- Cover and simmer 20–30 minutes until fork tender.
- Serve with white rice or flour tortillas.