- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt (to taste)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cups brewed coffee
- 2 cups canned mushrooms
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the roast and sear on all sides until well browned; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter, add salt and onions; saute for 5 minutes.
- Return the meat to the saucepan, pour in the coffee and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 hrs, turning meat over halfway through cooking time.