This is easy to prepare and takes maximum 40 minutes. It server about 12 people.
- 2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a second bowl, cream the shortening with the Sugar and instant coffee.
- Beat in eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla. Add nuts.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan (or two small pans), bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees or until cake tester in the center comes out clean.