Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is easy to prepare and takes maximum 40 minutes. It server about 12 people.
- 2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a second bowl, cream the shortening with the Sugar and instant coffee.
- Beat in eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla. Add nuts.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan (or two small pans), bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees or until cake tester in the center comes out clean.