Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A friend of mine, Della, brought these to work about 20 years ago. They were a hit among all of us who like coffee. Even though I moved shortly after that, I still remember our last Christmas at work when I make these. Alesia
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsps. instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Combine sugar, coffee and salt.
- Add slowly to whites, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in nuts and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen.