Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Jeleu de cafea
- 5 yolks
- 1/2 qt/1/2 l milk
- vanilla (1/4 stick)
- 4 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 8 envelopes gelatine
- 1/2 cup very strong strained black coffee
- Set the milk to boil with the vanilla.
- After it comes to a boil, remove from heat and cover.
- Beat the yolks with the Sugar and pour, gradually, in the warm milk, stirring continuously in the same direction.
- Return to heat and stir until thickened.
- After it has cooled off a little, add the coffee and the gelatine that was dissolved in a few tablespoons of warm water.
- Mix and pour in a mold greased with oil. Refrigerate.
- Before serving, briefly place the mold in a pan with hot water and turn onto a plate.