Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coffee Jelly from Dainty Desserts for Dainty People by Knox Gelatine—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- 1 envelope Knox sparkling gelatine
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- juice of one lemon
- 3 cups clear strong coffee
- ¼ cup sherry -- optional
- Soak the gelatin in the cold water for five minutes and dissolve in the hot coffee.
- Add lemon juice and sugar, stir until dissolved.
- When cool, strain over sherry—if used.
- Turn into a mold, first dipped in cold water.
- Serve with whipped cream.