Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings.
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- Beat egg yolks slightly; stir in milk, rice, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and dates.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour into shallow baking pan or pans.
- Combine Sugar, coffee and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add Sugar mixture gradually and beat until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue over pudding.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.