Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Old Newspaper Clipping
- 8 – 10 Servings
- 6 cups slightly softened coffee ice cream
- 1 pt raspberries, lightly crushed, reserve 6 – 8 whole for garnish
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tsp confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp kirsch or Framboise liqueur
- Lightly oil bottom and sides of 9" spring-form pan.
- Using bowl scraper, spread ½ coffee ice cream and carefully spoon remaining ice cream over top.
- Place in freezer 3 hr or until ice cream is firm.
- Whip cream with confectioners' sugar and liqueur.
- Remove cake from freezer and remove sides of spring-form pan.
- Using bowl scraper or pastry tube, with star tip, layer whipped cream entirely over cake surface.
- Return to freezer 1 – 2 hr longer.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- ice cream cake may be stored in airtight plastic for 2 weeks.