Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: dLife
- 2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 cups non-fat ricotta cheese
- grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 large fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, combine the yogurt and ricotta cheese.
- Process until smooth.
- Line a colander or basket with a double layer of cheesecloth, letting the cloth drape over the edges.
- Spoon cheese mixture into center and fold cheesecloth over the top.
- Place over a bowl or baking dish to catch the whey.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Scrape the cheese away from the cheesecloth and combine with zest and vanilla extract.
- Line a 3-cup heart-shaped mold or the draining basket with new cheesecloth, letting the excess cloth hang over the edge.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the mold or basket, smoothing the top.
- Fold the cheesecloth over the top and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Unmold from cheesecloth and if not already shaped into a heart, do so with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer heart to a serving plate and surround with sliced berries.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Calories: 84 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Fiber: trace | Sodium: 167mg