Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ cups fresh bread crumbs (about 3 slices bread)
- 1 lb cod fillet
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- lemon wedges
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place two-thirds of bread crumbs on waxed paper.
- Place remaining crumbs in medium bowl.
- With tweezers, remove any bones from cod.
- With large chef's knife, finely chop fish; add to bowl with bread crumbs.
- Stir in celery-onion mixture, egg, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, pepper sauce, and salt until well combined.
- Shape fish mixture into four 3-inch patties (mixture will be very soft and moist).
- Refrigerate patties until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Use bread crumbs on waxed paper to coat patties, patting crumbs to cover.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add patties to skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- About 298 Calories | 24g Protein | 16g Fat | 105mg Cholesterol | 565mg Sodium | 15g Carbs
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat | 1 starch/bread