- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9-inch pie shell, made from home-made or store-bought pie crust dough baked in a pie pan for five to seven minutes in an oven heated to 350 degrees F (180 C)
- pie crust dough, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large kitchen bowl make the filling by blending together all of the ingredients, starting with the butter and Sugar, then adding other ingredients.
- Pour into the baked pie shell. Cover with the pie crust strips.
- Bake in a 350° F oven until filling is done and crust is golden brown