- 1 cup corn oil
- ⅓ cups fresh lime juice
- 1 oz ginger root, peeled
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1⅓ cups canned coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper - as needed
- 12 oz sushi-grade tuna, cut into small dice
- 3 oz diced daikon radish (¾ cup)
- 1½ oz finely sliced chives (¾ cup)
- 3 pounds California avocados
- 2½ oz corn nuts, ground as fine as possible (¾ cup)
- radish sprouts - as needed for garnish
- To make dressing, blend corn oil, next 4 ingredients, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Mix ¾ cup dressing with tuna, daikon and chives.
Just before service Edit
- Lay peeled avocado halves on the flat side.
- With a thin knife, slice avocado into ⅛-inch slices, keeping each avocado half separate (make slices without moving the avocado. The avocado must remain intact)
- Carefully flatten the sliced avocado to fan out.
- Place on a piece of plastic wrap and cover.
- Keep refrigerated.
Per order Edit
- Mound 2 generous tablespoons tuna in center of plate in a loaf shape.
- Carefully scoop up one sliced avocado half with a knife and place on top of the tuna ceviche loaf.
- Drizzle the plate with additional dressing.
- Dust avocado with some powdered corn nuts and a pinch of salt.
- Garnish plate with radish sprouts.