- Makes 48
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut
- Beat shortening till soft.
- Add sugar and cream till fluffy.
- Add water and mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in order, mixing well after each addition.
- Finish with the nuts and coconut.
- Form into rolls, wrap in waxed paper and chill for several hours in the fridge.
- Slice into rounds an ⅛ inch thick.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 375°F.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.