Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a great appetizer recipe from Bon Appetit.
- 3/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (preferably Madras style)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend 1 cup club soda
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 1 1/2 cups medium shredded unsweetened coconut
- 16 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact
Sauce Mix all ingredients in small bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add egg and club soda; whisk just until combined but still lumpy. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour enough vegetable oil into heavy large saucepan to come halfway up sides of pan. Attach deep-fry thermometer to pan; heat oil over medium heat to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with paper towels. Spread coconut on plate. Working with 1 shrimp at a time, dip into batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, then roll in coconut. Working in batches, deep-fry shrimp until cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve hot with dipping sauce.