Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a yummy recipe for coconut shrimp and dipping sauce.
- 1½ cups cornstarch, divided
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup Coco López (cream of coconut)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lb of raw, shelled, deveined and butterflied shrimp
Dipping sauce Edit
- In a large plate, place 1 cup corn starch and set aside.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup Coco López and powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
- In another large plate, combine bread crumbs, ½ cup cornstarch and coconut whisk around to blend together.
- Dip and coat each shrimp in the cornstarch.
- Then dip and coat each shrimp in the Coco López, then dip and coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat it one more time, by dipping them in the Coco López and then the bread crumb mix.
- Bring oil to a boil and temperature of 375°F.
- Then place each shrimp in and let boil until golden brown. Do not overcrowd pan to avoid a drop in temperature.
- Place on colander to drain.
- Assemble dipping sauce in a small bowl by combining sour cream, Coco López and pineapple and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!