Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Taste of Home
- Makes 6 servings.
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp (about 1 lb)
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- oil for deep fat frying
Apricot Pineapple Salsa Edit
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped 
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Make a slit down inner curve of each shrimp, starting with the tail; press lightly to flatten.
- In a shallow dish, combine the cornstarch, salt and cayenne.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Place the coconut in another shallow dish.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch mixture; dip into egg whites, then coat with coconut.
- In an electric skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 1 to 1½ minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
- Serve with shrimp.
- ↑ When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.